[darcs-users] rebase: initial preview release

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 10:18:34 UTC 2010

A rebase hiccup I just ran into.  I had unsuspended all the patches, but
darcs had left an empty rebase patch in the repo and the repo was still
marked as rebase-in-progress:

$ darcs-rebase rebase pull
Pulling from "/home/simonmar/ghc-HEAD"...
Sat Sep 25 04:30:26 BST 2010  Edward Z. Yang <ezyang at mit.edu>
   * Don't interrupt when task blocks exceptions, don't immediately
start exception.
Shall I pull this patch? (1/5)  [ynW...], or ? for more options: a
Finished pulling and applying.
Rebase finished!
$ darcs-rebase rebase pull --allow-conflicts
Pulling from "/home/simonmar/ghc-HEAD"...
No remote changes to pull in!
$ darcs pull

darcs failed:  Unable to "darcs pull" here.

Can't understand repository format: rebase-in-progress

$ darcs-rebase cha -v
Thu Oct 21 11:08:59 BST 2010  Invalid <invalid at invalid>
   * DO NOT TOUCH: Rebase patch
   This patch is an internal implementation detail of rebase, used to
   store suspended patches, and is only visible in the user interface as a
   temporary measure.

   Bad things will happen if you try to use normal darcs operations on it.
     rebase 0.0 {
     }

This is with a version of darcs-rebase built a while ago, so maybe it's
been fixed.  Anyway I worked around it by suspending and unsuspending a
single patch, and that seemed to restore the repo to its normal state.
Let me know if you need any more info.

Cheers,
	Simon