[darcs-users] rebase: initial preview release

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Thu Oct 21 19:55:39 UTC 2010

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010, Simon Marlow wrote:

> A rebase hiccup I just ran into.  I had unsuspended all the patches, but
> darcs had left an empty rebase patch in the repo and the repo was still
> marked as rebase-in-progress:

I'm aware of this happening when you abort some rebase operation in the
middle (e.g. by exiting at a prompt), but not if you actually unsuspend
all the patches "properly".

> This is with a version of darcs-rebase built a while ago, so maybe it's been
> fixed.  Anyway I worked around it by suspending and unsuspending a single
> patch, and that seemed to restore the repo to its normal state. Let me know
> if you need any more info.

That's the right workaround. Although I don't quite understand what
happened here, I know it's not robust against this in general so I won't
worry about investigating further until I've sorted that out.

Cheers,

Ganesh