[darcs-users] [patch421] getting rid of ComP constructor in Patch

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Thu Oct 21 20:04:30 UTC 2010

This bundle, which goes on top of the existing bundle as that's
already in screened, sorts out various problems I identified
after sending that.

In particular
(a) a few old repos have nested ComP patches that need to be parsed,
and
(b) we need to exactly reproduce the brace structure in showPatch
when checking the hash in a bundle

I've added tests of these issues.

The "push FL from Repository instances into Named" is something I'd
intended to submit separately as it is a bit of a structural change
in the way patches are handled - Named p now contains FL p rather than
just p - but it turned out to make the fix for the problems above
much easier so I've bundled it up with this work.

The whole lot should now be ready to go into unstable once reviewed.

8 patches for repository http://darcs.net/screened:

Tue Oct 19 06:22:36 BST 2010  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * add test for handling of v1 patches with nested braces

Wed Oct 20 07:18:01 BST 2010  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * add test of V1 send output

Wed Oct 20 07:56:58 BST 2010  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * showContextPatch FL needs to manage braces too

Thu Oct 21 07:43:10 BST 2010  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * push FL from Repository instances into Named

Thu Oct 21 18:11:49 BST 2010  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * get rid of unneeded pragma

Thu Oct 21 18:40:43 BST 2010  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * add test of send adding context around hunks

Thu Oct 21 18:58:46 BST 2010  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * make send output tests for v2 repos

Thu Oct 21 19:00:03 BST 2010  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * fix regressions in V1 patch reading/hash recalc

Darcs bug tracker <bugs at darcs.net>
<http://bugs.darcs.net/patch421>