[darcs-users] [patch434] convert.sh should not be reserved to subjects of Her M...

Florent Becker florent.becker at ens-lyon.org
Thu Oct 21 20:25:49 UTC 2010

Le 21/10/2010 21:16, Ganesh Sittampalam a écrit :

> On Thu, 21 Oct 2010, Florent Becker wrote:
>

>> New submission from Florent Becker <florent.becker at ens-lyon.org>:
>>
>> 1 patch for repository http://darcs.net/screened:
>>
>> Thu Oct 21 17:45:10 CEST 2010  Florent Becker
>> <florent.becker at ens-lyon.org>
>>  * convert.sh should not be reserved to subjects of Her Majesty
>
> What does darcs produce for you? I'd have expected it to use the
> metadata from the patches - or does convert mess that up somehow?
>
> Ganesh

The metadata for the recorded (as opposed to .dpatch-applied) patch are
in whatever timezone the user is in. So diff complains that
12:34:56 BST and
13:34:56 EST
are different. One side effect of convert is that all dates in patches
get their dates rewritten in the time-zone of the converter. I think
it's largely ok, so i've changed the test to ignore that. The cleanest
way would be to make all times UTC, but I haven't found an easy way to
do that.

Florent