[darcs-users] darcs 2.5 packager's preview 2

Benjamin Franksen ben.franksen at online.de
Mon Oct 25 10:13:50 UTC 2010

Ben Franksen wrote:
> Reinier Lamers wrote:
>> There is a new packager's preview tarball:
>> http://reinier.de/darcs/darcs-2.5- packrelease2.tar.gz . People making
>> binary distributions of darcs releases can use this tarball to make a
>> binary that can be distributed as a darcs 2.5 binary if darcs 2.5 is
>> released next weekend.
>>
>> I didn't release darcs 2.5 in this weekend yet to allow ourselves some
>> time to investigate issue 1980 [1] and to give the packagers some more
>> time to come up with a binary.
>
> Thanks.
>
> I will follow your suggestions in the bug tracker (strace,
> --exact-version) tomorrow (on monday) when I''be at work. And no, sending
> an strace will be no problem, the repo is not *that* private :-)

Here we go.

> darcs --exact-version
darcs compiled on Oct 25 2010, at 12:02:31

Context:

[TAG 2.4.99.1
Reinier Lamers <tux_rocker at reinier.de>**20101015132045
 Ignore-this: 4293f06a5a3344bc710b65253ba0c8c1
]

Compiled with:

HTTP-4000.0.9
array-0.3.0.1
base-4.2.0.2
bytestring-0.9.1.7
containers-0.3.0.0
directory-1.0.1.1
extensible-exceptions-0.1.1.1
filepath-1.1.0.4
hashed-storage-0.5.3
haskeline-0.6.2.4
html-1.0.1.2
mmap-0.5.6
mtl-1.1.1.0
network-2.2.1.7
old-time-1.0.0.5
parsec-2.1.0.1
process-1.0.1.3
random-1.0.0.2
regex-compat-0.93.1
tar-0.3.1.0
terminfo-0.3.1.3
text-0.8.1.0
unix-2.4.0.2
zlib-0.5.2.0

Then I did

> strace -oSTRACE darcs push /opt/repositories/controls/darcs-old-
fashioned/epics/ioc/MLS-Controls/base-3-14 -a
Note: if you want to change the default remote repository to
/net/csr/srv/csr/repositories/controls/darcs-old-fashioned/epics/ioc/MLS-
Controls/base-3-14,
quit now and issue the same command with the --set-default flag.
darcs: <stdin>: hIsTerminalDevice: illegal operation (handle is closed)
Apply failed!

and the file STRACE is attached.

Hope this helps finding out what's going wrong here.

Cheers
ben