[darcs-users] darcs 2.5 packager's preview 2

Reinier Lamers tux_rocker at reinier.de
Tue Oct 26 19:11:05 UTC 2010

Op maandag 25 oktober 2010 12:13 schreef Benjamin Franksen:
> Then I did
>
> > strace -oSTRACE darcs push /opt/repositories/controls/darcs-old-
> fashioned/epics/ioc/MLS-Controls/base-3-14 -a
> Note: if you want to change the default remote repository to
> /net/csr/srv/csr/repositories/controls/darcs-old-fashioned/epics/ioc/MLS-
> Controls/base-3-14,
> quit now and issue the same command with the --set-default flag.
> darcs: <stdin>: hIsTerminalDevice: illegal operation (handle is closed)
> Apply failed!
>
> and the file STRACE is attached.

Unfortunately, this strace contains only the system calls of the 'darcs put'
process. The 'darcs apply' process, where the error apparently occurs, does
not contain a failing system call.

You could add the -f flag to the strace command line to trace child processes
as well. But it would also be interesting to try to reproduce the error by
doing send + apply instead of push. Then I would of course be interested in an
strace of the failing apply.

Reinier