[darcs-users] darcs patch: Account for darcs with buggy --exact-version.

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Wed Sep 1 20:40:19 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 8:02 AM, Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> wrote:

> 1 patch for repository http://code.haskell.org/darcs/darcs-benchmark:
>
> Sorry to outsource the testing to you, but I don't have a version of Darcs
> handy with the claimed buggy --exact-version.

Ah, but did you try to compile it first?

Building darcs-benchmark-0.1.9...
[ 8 of 13] Compiling Benchmark        ( source/Benchmark.hs,
dist/build/darcs-benchmark/darcs-benchmark-tmp/Benchmark.o )

source/Benchmark.hs:179:27:
    Couldn't match expected type `IO [[Char]]'
           against inferred type `[a]'
    In the pattern: [i, c]
    In a case alternative: [i, c] -> (i, c)
    In a stmt of a 'do' expression:
        (info, context) <- case  splitOn "Context:\n\n"
                               `fmap`
                                 darcsMeta cmd ["--exact-version"]
                           of {
                             _ -> error "Bug. Either we can split on
Context or we can't" }
darcs-benchmark-0.1.9 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1