[darcs-users] [patch378] Organise unit tests into per-module groups. (and 1 more)

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Wed Sep 1 22:53:40 UTC 2010

On 9/1/10 6:49 AM, Eric Kow wrote:
> 2 patches for repository http://darcs.net:
>
> All this talk about testing gave me an itch to tidy up our current unit testing
> infrastructure.  These should just be mostly hunk moves.

Eric talked me through these, here's my summary:

> [Organise unit tests into per-module groups.
> Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>**20100901132741
>  Ignore-this: 83d87442c6a5c099e9283dc99d1ea496
>
>  The idea is that each module exports its own testSuite function
>  and the main driver just imports all the testSuites.
>
>  Note that this introduces a slight discrepency in that we have

Small typo there                            ^^^

>  modules like Lcs which are out of the Darcs hierarchy, but whose
>  tests appear as Darcs.Test.Lcs.
> ] move ./src/Darcs/Test/Unit.lhs ./src/Darcs/Test/Unit.hs

Unit.lhs get "deliteratised". There actually is some useful-looking documentation in there, although we don't currently
publish anywhere I know of. The patch converts it from publishable literate haskell to non-haddock comments, so there is
a slight loss of information here. Test tools are in flux, so maybe that's acceptable.

The rest of the patch organises things under src/Darcs/Test/ better, eg consistently exporting "testSuite". +1.

> [Tidy up test harness warnings.
> Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>**20100901134549
>  Ignore-this: 136031c756fcae2a7cd1f76a5ec8b214
> ] hunk ./src/test.hs 2

This patch depends on the patch371 bundle, and does some cleanup of imports/namespace. +1.

-Simon