[darcs-users] [patch368] Fix for issue1932

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Thu Sep 2 09:00:23 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 18:36:08 +0300, Dmitry Astapov wrote:
> Definitely. I even set out to do something like that, but quickly found out
> that RepoPath does not export constructors of AbsolutePath and SubPath,
> which makes writing tests very-very-very hard, since there is no easy way to
> construct , for example, AbsolutePath out of String or FilePath.
>
> What would be the best approach for tackling that?

We seem to be gravitating towards the idea that tests should be baked
into their host modules.  My rendition of this idea is for each module
like Darcs.RepoPath to export a single testSuite :: Test function,
which has the downside of requiring not just QC/HUnit imports in each
module but also test-framework ones as well.