[darcs-users] machine-readable formats

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sat Sep 4 09:54:31 UTC 2010

Petr Rockai writes:

 > Yes, but that's just because you are a python programmer and not a
 > perl programmer (or a shell programmer, or an awk programmer). I
 > suspect emacs-lispers will prefer the regular language output too.

Objwzref: "When faced with a problem, one says, 'I know, I'll use
regular expressions!'  Now one has two problems."[1]

Not all Emacs-LISPers think regexps are a great idea.  In fact, the
biggest thing afoot in the Emacs world right now is integration of the
Semantic LALR parser stuff into GNU Emacs.

Footnotes:
[1]  Of course, he was quoting somebody else.