[darcs-users] [patch375] Clean up trackdown --bisect documentation.

Reinier Lamers bugs at darcs.net
Sun Sep 5 14:09:17 UTC 2010

Reinier Lamers <tux_rocker at reinier.de> added the comment:

Op maandag 30 augustus 2010 14:55 schreef Eric Kow:
> New submission from Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>:
> 1 patch for repository http://darcs.net/releases/branch-2.5:
>
> Rado: I noticed there were some FIXMEs in the user manual, which I assume
> are yours/Matthias's.  I tried to write some basic documentation for
trackdown
> following your guide (now moved to http://wiki.darcs.net/Using/Trackdown ).
> I've also created issue1937 for your second FIXME.
>
> Comments?

This is okay as a quick fix, so I'll push it to the 2.5 branch (and the HEAD
if it applies cleanly).

I think ideally the manual would contain an explanation of what linear and
binary search are, and contain one or more examples of cases where trackdown
--bisect is useful. I don't have the time to write that myself though, so I'll
shut up.

I also see that there are some places where "--bisect" is written in running
text and LaTeX interprets the "--" as code for an extra long dash. I'll push a
little patch to fix that.

Reinier