[darcs-users] [patch360] Solve issue1923: bad source warning mechanism warns ab...

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Sep 6 08:51:46 UTC 2010

Thanks!

On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 02:32:24 +0000, Adolfo Builes wrote:
> Sun Sep  5 21:06:27 COT 2010  'Adolfo Builes <builes.adolfo at googlemail.com>'
>   * Resolve issue1923: bad source warning mechanism warns about sources outside your control

1. You appear to have single quotes in your authors file 'Adolfo Builes'
   which is likely not intentional.  I'd suggest amending that with -A
   to fix the author (confusingly, in the amend, you have to use single
   quotes for the shell, but Darcs itself does not use them)

2. Overly long patch title, which could be nice to fix while you're at
   it: http://wiki.darcs.net/Development/GettingStarted

3. Can you include a regression shell test, as you've done for your
   other work?

I'm CC'ing Zooko in case he's interested in having me submit various
case studies of things Darcs might test for.  This is a sort of
straightforward version where we already have a sort of testing
culture (albeit not a very rigorous one): issues we have already
identified through dogfooding and which we know how to reproduce.
I think our reflex here is just to go for a functional test.

Resolve issue1923: bad source warning mechanism warns about sources outside your control
> -                  here ++ [Cache Repo NotWritable repodir] ++ there
> +                  here ++ [Cache Repo NotWritable repodir] ++ filterExternalSources there

> -
> +            filterExternalSources there = if isFile repodir
> +                                          then
> +                                            there
> +                                          else
> +                                            filter (not . isFile . cacheSource) there

The patch itself seems fine to me, at least at first glance.