[darcs-users] [patch381] darcs-patch: remove --index option from matchOneNontag because

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Sep 6 09:02:44 UTC 2010

On Sun, Sep 05, 2010 at 14:01:54 +0000, Reinier Lamers wrote:
> Applied (to the 2.5 branch), thanks!
>
> In general, I prefer just removing unused code to commenting it out.
> Commenting out code clutters the code and makes it harder to use
> search/replace. If you want to restore the part you removed, you can
> use darcs rollback.

Sounds like a good application of the principle that style points
should not block patch application.

(This I say after suggesting that Adolfo change the patch author
and title on his issue1932 patch.  Perhaps that's different because
this metadata stuff is both trivial to fix and has a long term
impact, both in future Adolfo patches and also in the log output).