[darcs-users] import from CVS, preserving tags?

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Mon Sep 6 14:41:42 UTC 2010

Dave Love <d.love at liverpool.ac.uk> writes:
> I tried using cvs2git+darcs-fast-import, but then the tags from CVS are
> completely ignored.  I think that's a question of fixing
> darcs-fast-import to do something similar to the hg version, but it
> looks as if it will take non-trivial time to understand.
>
> Presumably I can do the job by re-importing in stages up to each tag and
> then adding the tag with darcs, if necessary, but I'm surprised if there
> isn't anything around that will just do the import properly.

There may be some paths you did not explore, using darcs-fastconvert
(cvs2bzr / cvs2git / ..., followed fast-export/fast-import).

darcs get http://repos.mornfall.net/darcs-fastconvert/

If the tags appear in the stream in-order, they will be replicated by
darcs-fastconvert import.

You will probably need the hashed-storage from

darcs get http://repos.mornfall.net/hashed-storage/0.5

and recent libdarcs (from darcs-beta, presumably) compiled against the
above hashed-storage.

Yours,
   Petr.

PS: I am going to upload hashed-storage 0.5.3 and darcs-fastconvert to
hackage, as time permits, at which point things should be much easier.