[darcs-users] import from CVS, preserving tags?

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Mon Sep 6 16:03:13 UTC 2010

Hi,

Dave Love <d.love at liverpool.ac.uk> writes:
>> There may be some paths you did not explore, using darcs-fastconvert
>
> Yes, since I found no pointer to it anywhere.  Thanks.

It's not released yet, waiting for (lib)darcs 2.5.

>> You will probably need the hashed-storage from
>>
>> darcs get http://repos.mornfall.net/hashed-storage/0.5
>>
>> and recent libdarcs (from darcs-beta, presumably) compiled against the
>> above hashed-storage.
>
> What's darcs-beta, and is its repo format something I can share with
> users of not-very-recently-released darcsen?

It's the current beta version of darcs, i.e. what will become 2.5. You
need it for the libdarcs API, nothing else. You can keep using your
stable darcs on the resulting repos.

> [I may regret trying to use darcs on a nine-year old, >200MB CVS repo,
> especially as it blows up the storage requirements so much...]

Hopefully not! : - ) In case you do, we (I) may be interested in having
that repo (post-conversion) as a benchmarking example.

Yours,
   Petr.