[darcs-users] darcs in 2010: talk/video online

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sun Sep 12 18:42:26 UTC 2010

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 22:33:42 +0400, Dmitry Kurochkin wrote:
> Can you put a pdf somewhere, please? I do not have flash, and both
> youtube and slides require it.

Sorry for using non open-standards tech :-(

Unfortunately I don't have the energy right now to work out how to
convert the videos, but what I can say is that the Prezi site does the
possibility of downloading the slides, which includes an Mac/Windows
executable to run them.

No Linux support yet, but the slides are available in an XML format
(presentation attached), and I bet that banging out a quick little
viewer in Haskell would be an easy/fun Haskell project for somebody to
work on (I even have a suggested list of milestones if somebody wants to
get in touch).

One reason why this isn't so easy is that Prezi works a bit different
than slides.  It gives you one infinite canvas, and the "slides" just
consist of zooming from one bit of the canvas to the other.  Some sort
of one-way converter would be possible in principle.  The Prezi team
seem open to the idea, but I posted a "are you sure you wont sue our
pants off" followup to be sure :-/

http://community.prezi.com/prezi/topics/is_it_possible_to_export_an_xml_document_out_of_prezi?from_gsfn=true