[darcs-users] [patch360] Solve issue1923: bad source warning mechanism warns ab...

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Sep 13 15:00:56 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 08:55:37 -0500, Adolfo Builes wrote:
> When we are loading the sources we know where they come from, in prefs
> we have the following:

Sounds good!

> btw, Are you able to reproduce the issue with Darcs repository ?

No, not at the moment, but I did recently get it pulling from
branch-2.5:

  Finished pulling and applying.

  I could not reach the following repositories:
  /home/darcs-unstable/.darcs/cache
  /home/darcs-unstable/releases/branch-2.5
  /home/darcs-unstable/darcs
  If you're not using them, you should probably delete
  the corresponding entries from _darcs/prefs/sources.

I think that the way to trigger the problem is to set up some kind of situation
where Darcs might be try to access the cache entry, for example by creating
some whole new patch after you've done a get and then trying to pull it.

Perhaps if you can't automate it just yet, it could be good to try an example
by hand first and see if you can reliably reproduce it by hand first.