[darcs-users] proposal: license darcs wiki as CC-BY 3.0

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Tue Sep 14 09:40:00 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 21:44:23 +0200, Petr Rockai wrote:
> I think exercising our (new, presumably) annotate code would give you a
> good approximation of which current content is actually problematic.

Sounds good.

It'd be an approximation as you say, given manual hunk moves, but it
seems to me that this sort of sloppy approximation is a good enough
effort, especially given the low probability that anybody would actually
care.  It's all about "would this come back to haunt us later"...

I like this kill-N-birds thinking, getting our annotate dog fooding and
our wiki licensing in one go.

> PS: I think it wouldn't be so hard to write a script that runs a file
> through annotate and for each line, if the patch date is below X, add a
> leading notice to the paragraph containing that line.

Probably just to the whole file for simplicity, but I like the general
approach.

OK, I guess since I'm the guy with the infrastructure (counting
legal/financial stuff) hat on, it's in my court to write such a
script while waiting for feedback on the overall idea of moving
to FOO = CC-BY 3.0.