[darcs-users] argh! sorry for the noise again

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Sep 15 14:01:32 UTC 2010

After wading knee-deep into sysadmin tasks (with Petr's help), I can
confirm that we have successfully implemented the workflow component:

* Signed patches from core team members should be automagically
  applied to the screened repository.

* Unsigned patches do not get applied, but they still wind up on
  the tracker

I'm very sorry for flooding you with test patch noise.  I realise how
unprofessional it is to be spamming all 200 of you subscribers with
these test patch messages.

While I did make some effort to work methodically and to reduce the
amount of live firing (such as temporarily disabling the procmail recipe
that sends to the BTS gateway), I had failed to do it early enough or to
consider disabling the parts of the roundup infrastructure that
automatically CC darcs-users and BCC darcs-devel.  When I get a round
tuit I'll look into writing some sort of infrastructure debug mode
setting lets me toggle all these settings automatically to spare you
this sort of noise.

Sorry!