[darcs-users] proposal: license darcs wiki as CC-BY 3.0

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Wed Sep 15 17:18:26 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 08:14:54PM +0100, Eric Kow wrote:

>   Content created after 2010-09-30 is available under a Creative Commons
>   Attribution 3.0 license [1].  See License for content created prior to
>   that date.

"Content created after 2010-09-30" is a pain. I'd suggest just getting
the whole content under the preferred licence, by relicensing, rewriting
or removing the existing content.

As for which licence to use, I'd recommend a licence which is compatible
with darcs', so for example you can put text from the wiki into
"darcs help" output.

Thanks
Ian