[darcs-users] history of darcs features/bugs

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Wed Sep 15 20:53:47 UTC 2010

Hi,

As part of a quest to remove cruft from Darcs.Patch, I'm trying to track
down what versions of darcs had the following features or bugs.

I will do a proper trawl through the issue history, mailing list and darcs
annotate as soon as I have time, but in the meantime if anyone can point
me at useful information quickly, that would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Ganesh

(1) "Split" patches. These are represented by the Split constructor for
Prim, and in the concrete syntax for patches by '(' ')' around a list of
primitive patches. These are never created by darcs now, though existing
ones in patch files might be preserved, and 'darcs convert' removes them
while converting to darcs 2

(2) The sequence "move a b ; ... ; add b" in a single patch (should be
"add b"). 'darcs convert' seems to try to fix this while converting to
darcs 2, except the way the code is right now it doesn't actually do so.

(3) A patch that removes a file without first emptying it. 'darcs repair'
fixes this via applyAndTryToFix, by inserting a 'binary' change
to empty the file, and tests/repair-corrupt tests for it.