[darcs-users] [patch400] Add commandProgramName field to DarcsCommand

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Sep 22 10:17:17 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 08:10:40 +0000, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > Quick screening question.  Wouldn't it be simpler for subusage
> > to have access to the result of System.Environment.getProgramName?
>
> no, because
>  a) It is in IO

I was going to say "what if it accepted just a String argument?"
but I imagine you already thought of that and decided that there
are uses of subusage which are far enough from IO that feeding it
getProgramName would be problematic.

>  b) There might be reasons to toss around commands for other programs.
> Assume you would, for some reason, have a suite of darcs related
> programs, and want to generate manpages for all of them in one place.
> Then being able to handle DarcsCommands of different executables would
> help.

Not particularly convinced, but I'm going to accept this patch anyway.

Thanks!