[darcs-users] [patch402] include old text in conflict marks

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Sep 22 10:22:18 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 20:48:22 +0100, Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:
> I don't have any specific experience of (2), I could test it out if
> you think it's important.

I don't think this should block patch application, but it could be
useful to have conflict-generation and marking scripts, not necessarily
for automated regression testing (which is tricky because we're not
so much worried about "correct" output as "desirable" output and the
latter is harder to pin down because we don't necessarily know what the
right thing to want is).  But such a thing could be useful for Eyeball
Testing.