[darcs-users] [patch401] More visible old-fashioned to hashed notice.

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Tue Sep 28 08:00:56 UTC 2010

Isaac Dupree <ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org> writes:
> ~~~ Also I wonder--a bit off topic (should I have started or replied-to another
> thread?)-- Darcs 2.0 thru 2.5 can convert a repo from hashed to old-fashioned,
> at least using 'get'-- Will 2.8 drop this ability completely? Or can there be
> an optimize --downgrade?  (In order to make people less nervous about
> upgrading, if they know it won't be too annoying to go back later, where
> "annoying" = having to use a 2.0..2.5 binary.)

Well, I am not sure it's that much use. If you don't want to use a 2.5
binary... even if 2.8 would let you downgrade to old-fashioned, you
would still need 2.5 or older to actually *do* anything with your
repository.

So the only use-case I can think of is a gateway for darcs 1.0 users. Is
that what you had in mind?

Yours,
   Petr.