[darcs-users] Darcs repo format

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Tue Sep 28 08:30:26 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 12:04:22 -0500, Antoine Latter wrote:
> > On Monday 27 September 2010 17:31:41, Gwern Branwen wrote:
> >> Not as of a few weeks ago; the ?.h.o server(s) only have darcs 2.3 or
> >> something, without the optimize --upgrade option.

I've filed RT #1170 on cho (not sure if there's a visible tracker)
requesting an upgrade to Darcs 2.4.4

> You should be able to perform the equivalent operation with darcs 2.3,
> but it won't be in-place:
>
> darcs get <repo name> --hashed --complete <temporary repo name>
> (copy over any prefs? I haven't tried this part)
> rm -rf <repo>
> mv <temporary repo name> <repo name>
>
> It's that second step that might prove a bummer. CC'ing the darcs
> mailing list in case I'm totally wrong.

I don't think there's any particular reason no say --complete
(unless somebody has --partial written into their default settings)

As for the prefs, I think you want
  _darcs/prefs/{defaults,motd,email}

We ought to re-think the preferences system; there's quite a few
things that we are not so happy about.  I've created an umbrella
ticket here so we can keep track of all the preferences system
design bugs
   http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1960