[darcs-users] splitting darcs-users

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Tue Sep 28 16:40:18 UTC 2010

Gah.. stay, thunderbird, stay!

On 9/28/10 2:51 AM, Eric Kow wrote:
> A. move patch-related traffic to darcs-devel
> B. traditional devel/user split

Thanks for the proposal Eric. You didn't propose, but there's also:

C. move all to one single list

which I think was Gwern's original proposal and is something we've never tried.

I have gone back and forth on the various pros and cons. For me, a single list would be efficient. But considering the
community and growing it, I think the simplest, stablest, and most standard option is traditional user/devel lists. This
also harmonises best with our existing net presence: mail lists, archived addresses, gmane groups etc. all use the
user/devel naming scheme, and changing this would create a non-trivial amount of disruption/unclarity well into the
future. I'm for B.