[darcs-users] splitting darcs-users

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Sep 29 09:26:19 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 09:56:08 +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> The automated traffic is very noisy.  Some days about 2/3 of it is
> Eric muttering under his breath about what he should be doing but
> probably is going to have to postpone until the Year 2525. ;-)

Yep! See for yourself if you don't believe Stephen:

- http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-devel/2010-August/thread.html
- http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-devel/2010-September/thread.html

> (Just kidding, Eric, it really doesn't bother me.)  It's mostly of
> interest for auditing process later IMO.

:-)

My approach to BTS usage is very heavily geared towards explicit
tracking and very incremental (high-granularity) intermediary
milestones

To make matters worse, I've also taken on the galling habit of adding
metanoise to the mix, so you not only noise from the Process, but noise
*about* the Process (tagged "BTS training"; my hope is that one day this
will be useful to a future Issue Manager), and meta-meta noise in which
I apologise for the meta-noise.

So basically you should treat darcs-devel as being almost entirely
machine generate (like a -commits list), only the machine happens to be
named Eric and sits behind a keyboard.  [Alternatively, somebody could
just stop the insanity by volunteering as Issue Manager]