[darcs-users] what about removing the unrevert command?

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Mon Apr 4 18:51:48 UTC 2011

> I'm interested about how revert/pull/unrevert is a good workflow with
> regards to git stash / pop.

I'm happy with either, although I find revert/unrevert easier on the
brain.  (git reset --hard HEAD.  Ugh.)

> So one question for you git users:  How is the darcs revert / pull /
> unrevert workflow better than just pulling and resolving conflicts in
> the working copy?

That's not what I use it for.  I'm hacking on a feature, and suddenly
I realise there's a bug for which there's a one-line fix:

  darcs revert
  -- fix bug
  make
  make test
  darcs record -a
  darcs unrevert

Note that the darcs revert is necessary, since my tree might not even
compile when I notice the bug.

-- Juliusz