[darcs-users] what about removing the unrevert command?

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Mon Apr 4 19:45:13 UTC 2011

On 4 Apr 2011, at 2:14, Eric Kow wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 00:10:38 +0100, Eric Kow wrote:
>> This stuff isn't easy, especially when principles conflict with each other.
>> :-( and I don't think any of us are designers (and for that matter, do you
>> really want to take UI advice from a guy who still uses mutt+vim?)
>
> Sorry, it's late and I forgot to complete my thought. In case anybody
> was confused, that last sentence was me saying (again) that even though
> I stand on the usability soapbox a lot, I don't actually have a clue
> what I'm saying...

I think you actually nailed it pretty well about the UI principles and having undo capabilities.

The article here:

http://www.alistapart.com/articles/neveruseawarning/

is a short but very good read that can help everyone understand why having undo is so much better than the other more common approaches that programmers often use to deal with this (like warnings or confirmation dialogs).

--
Dan