[darcs-users] what about removing the unrevert command?

Miles Gould miles at assyrian.org.uk
Wed Apr 6 16:39:36 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 06, 2011 at 06:19:27PM +0300, Dan Pascu wrote:
> > TBH, revert/unrevert would cover 90% of what I use git-stash for. But
> > this workflow should be explicitly documented if it's going to be kept
> > around, IMHO - it's a useful feature in its own right, not just an undo
> > command or something there to preserve an abstract symmetry!
>
> unrevert is the undo for revert. otherwise you can lose your work
> because you called revert without thinking ahead.

Yes, I get that. What I meant by "not just an undo command" is "it's an
undo command, yes, but revert/unrevert *also* gives you stash
functionality, which is a useful workflow that we should tell people
about". My point is that sometimes it's a good idea to call revert
*while planning to call unrevert later*.

Miles

--
It is better to be deprived of food for three days than of tea for one.
  -- Confucius