[darcs-users] GSoC 2011 - Darcs Bridge and Primitive Patches 3

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Apr 25 23:58:10 UTC 2011

Hi everybody,

I am very pleased to announce that Darcs has had two projects accepted
this year for the Google Summer of Code.

Owen Stephens will be working with us to flesh out a bridge between
Darcs, Git and hopefully other version control systems.

Petr Ročkai (who was a GSoC student in 2009 and mentor in 2010) will be
be working on primitive patches for Darcs 3.

These are very directions for Darcs to be moving in, first tying in with
the wider world, and second starting those crucial baby steps towards
the future.

Congratulations, guys!

Thanks very much to everybody who applied. If you were not accepted
this year, or you did not submit a project but was thinking of it,
please keep Darcs in mind for next year. We have a ton of work to do!
Thanks also to Edward and the rest of the Haskell.org mentor team for
their help and support.

Eric

PS: Owen: you may have to have a look at our GSoC student guide
http://wiki.darcs.net/GSoC/Guide (please set up a blog, or perhaps a
blog category for "darcs" so we can add you to Planet Darcs).