[darcs-users] hunk pattern recipe

Maris, Rob maris.rob at ingenieur.de
Sat Dec 3 01:30:44 UTC 2011

Currently hunks are identified as blocks of text lines that are separated
by at least one unmodified line. However, I'd want to create a sort of
recipe on a per-repo basis that allows me to specify a sort of field
separators that should be recognized by the hunk identification algorithm.

Example: I'd want to manage object library files (graphic objects,
organized in libraries stored as ASCII text) through darcs. Darcs should
only identify single hunks using specification in the user recipe. Goal:
prevent the creation of too many hunks caused by alternating lines within
an information entity that are modified, and lines in between that are not
modified.

Is such a hunk recipe feature anyway present in current darcs version?