[darcs-users] darcs: pscp.exe: runInteractiveProcess: does not exist (No such file or directory)

Alexey Levan exlevan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 21:01:48 UTC 2011

2011/1/7 Conan Mishler <conan at themezoom.com>:
> Hi All,

Hi Conan,

> I just downloaded the latest win32 binary of darcs (version 2.5), as well as
> all the SSH support files from Putty (pageant.exe, puttygen.exe, plink.exe,pscp.exe
> sftp.exe, and pscp.exe) onto my Windows Vista platform. I followed all of
> the installation instructions at:
> http://wiki.darcs.net/WindowsConfiguration  and got some darcs functions
> working, but not all.

I suppose you were going the "From a binary" path?

> I can execute a "darcs get <repo>" or a "darcs pull" and they work just
> fine. But when I try a "darcs push" I get:
>
> darcs: pscp.exe: runInteractiveProcess: does not exist (No such file or
> directory)
>
> I am using the DOS command prompt, not cygwin. I have verified that I can
> run both pscp.exe and plink.exe, which have been renamed to "scp.exe" and
> "ssh.exe" - according to the install directions, from the command prompt.
> Both of those programs work perfectly in accessing the remote server.

I'm sorry to hear that. Sure, that's not the answer you want, but it
"works for me".  I've repeated every step as you described, and your
problem didn't show up.  One thing that puzzles me, though, is that
darcs in your error message is asking for "pscp.exe", not "scp.exe".
Maybe renaming scp.exe back to pscp.exe will help?  You should ensure
that darcs sees your ssh executables, either by putting them in your
DARCSDIR, or by editing your PATH environment variable.   Also, any
information on how pscp got into the error message may help. Did you
set the DARCS_SCP? Any other DARCS_ variables?

--
Alexey