[darcs-users] Git v. Darcs: megapatches and 'darcs shunt'

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Thu Jan 13 13:42:00 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 15:49:31 -0500, Isaac Dupree wrote:
> What if "pull" could (maybe given a flag that you'd use with your
> upstream) re-order all patches from upstream, new or old, as far
> back in your history as possible?

I'm always nervous about introducing new flags [1], but I like
Isaac's variant of Alexander's idea:

The hypothetical

  darcs pull --reorder

would then pull all patches in such a way that the ones which are
local to the current repo go on top.

[1] The problem with introducing choices is that you're implicitly
asking users to choose, better to ensure that the number of choices is
very limited but still covers what people actually want to accomplish.