[darcs-users] A darcsum-diff question and a darcs diff question (and a bug?)

Dominic Steinitz dominic at steinitz.org
Sat Jun 4 08:31:37 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to get the difference between 2 versions of a file. Ideally I
would like to use darcsum and get the result in an emacs buffer. I
haven't been able to coax darcsum-diff into doing this so I resorted to
the command line. But I get a darcs failure.

1. Ideally I would like to do darcs diff using darcsum. Any help would
be appreciated.

2. What syntax should I use to get a diff of two versions at the command
line?

Thanks, Dominic.
> dom1 at fourier:~/asn1_0> darcs diff --from-patch="*recursive*"
> --to-patch="*INTEGER*"
>
> darcs failed:  Text.Regex.Posix.String died: (ReturnCode 13,"Invalid
> preceding regular expression")

> dom1 at fourier:~/asn1_0> darcs --version
> 2.2.0 (release)
The two versions I am trying to diff are identified by these patches