[darcs-users] A darcsum-diff question and a darcs diff question (and a bug?)]

Lele Gaifax lele at metapensiero.it
Sat Jun 4 12:48:08 UTC 2011

On Sat, 04 Jun 2011 10:17:59 +0100
Dominic Steinitz <dominic at steinitz.org> wrote:

> > dom1 at fourier:~/asn1_0> darcs diff --from-patch="*recursive*"
> > --to-patch="*INTEGER*"
> >
> > darcs failed:  Text.Regex.Posix.String died: (ReturnCode 13,"Invalid
> > preceding regular expression")

> 2. What syntax should I use to get a diff of two versions at the
> command line?

As the error suggests, the --from-patch option takes a regular
expression: "*recursive*" is not a valid regex, and thus darcs
complains.

You can either provide a valid one, such as ".*recursive.*", or more
simply forget about the stars, as "recursive" is a valid regex on its
own and darcs will do what you meant above :-)

hope this helps,
ciao, lele.
lele at metapensiero.it  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.