[darcs-users] file permissions on patch files

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sun May 1 16:06:13 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 16:07:36 +0200, Sönke Hahn wrote:
> I set up a darcs repo that should be world readable, because a webserver
> accesses it. However in the _darcs/patches directory, from time to time
> (that is, after pulling and pushing from and to the repo), some files are
> not marked world-readable. I suspect this is a darcs issue. (But of course
> this could also be a fault with our server.) Has anyone encountered
> something similar? Any ideas, what I might be doing wrong?

It could be worth starting with trying to boil this down into a minimal
test case in the form of a shell script and a simple repository created
from scratch.  If this is purely a darcs issue (which it well may be,
I think I've been struggling with something similar but haven't had time
to try and boil it down myself), I would expect that darcs apply locally
on that server would have the same unwanted behaviour