[darcs-users] Feature request: Print paths relative to the current directory

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon May 9 09:34:30 UTC 2011

Eric Kow writes:

 > Unless there is a very good reason for this to be optional, could we
 > just switch to the proposed relative-path behaviour?

Well, git always had the top-level path behavior, but they have an
option to switch to the

       status.relativePaths
           By default, git-status(1) shows paths relative to the current
           directory. Setting this variable to false shows paths relative to
           the repository root (this was the default for git prior to v1.5.4).

Other git commands (ls-files) also have an option (to do it the other
way around, they've always been cwd-relative but the option allows
root-relative names).

That doesn't mean that darcs should have options too, but I think you
should investigate a little more carefully.