[darcs-users] whatsnew and record differ

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Wed May 25 18:23:57 UTC 2011

On 25/05/2011 13:46, James Sleeman wrote:

> When whatsnew says there are changes, but record (and also amend-record)
> disagrees, who do I believe and how do I clean it up?
>
>     boffin at mortimer:~/gogo-jobs/XXXXXX/main$ darcs --version
>     2.3.0 (release)
>     boffin at mortimer:~/gogo-jobs/XXXXXX/main$ darcs whatsnew -s
>     M ./course.php -2 +3
>     boffin at mortimer:~/gogo-jobs/XXXXXX/main$ darcs record
>     No changes!

I think the first thing to try in this case is a newer version of darcs
- 2.5.2 is the most recent release, so 2.3.0 is quite old.

Also, try rm _darcs/index if it exists, as that's a cache file whose
staleness could conceivably cause this problem. I can't remember if 2.3
already used that file, though.

Cheers,

Ganesh