[darcs-users] problem about generated patch

Radoslav Dorcik radoslav.dorcik at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 19:20:12 UTC 2011

Hi Aaron,

2011/10/18 zhangbruno.student <zhangbruno.student at sina.com>

> Hi,all
>
>      I'm  a novice on darcs. Recently I've install darcs and build a repository.
>  I made some changes of the managed .txt file and used "darcs
> record"  to create a patch.However, in the directory of  "_darcs/patches", the new
> file is unreadable and isn't showed as a  .patch file, I cannot open it.

it is gzip compressed file.

>     Do I misunderstand the instructions, or other extra operations I should
> do? I cannot find the generated  ordinary patch file

Usually you should not touch the data inside _darcs/patches.
If you want to exchange the patch with somebody else use the "darcs send".
If you want to export is as an file and use as an attachment or distribute
over the other channel you can use "darcs send -o <some filename>".

See more details in manual:
http://darcs.net/manual/Getting_started.html#SECTION00350000000000000000
http://darcs.net/manual/Darcs_commands.html#SECTION00664000000000000000

Hope it helps,