[darcs-users] Help sought fixing regression since 2.4.4: unpull hangs forever

Radoslav Dorcik radoslav.dorcik at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 12:15:33 UTC 2011

Hi Aditya,

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 6:31 AM, Aditya <bsrkaditya at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I will like to help! Although I must say, I have never actually used
> trackdown before.
> Kowey has asked me to look where issue2066(darcs record fails when deleted
> file and added file are specified on the command line) got resolved. So I am
> already interested to see how trackdown works.

I can share my little experience from once I tried to use it:
- need to distinguish between three results: other errors (can not execute
test), test failure and test success.
  because of these three test results logic it is not possible to use bisect
as it is now - how to make decision on which half to go in compilation error
?
  It obviously need to search both half  - what is not supported at this
time. Use linear bisect.
- probably need to use cabal-dev, since moving back to history changes also
darcs dependencies on others libraries

Rado