[darcs-users] Evil sources

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Sep 21 14:45:24 UTC 2011

Thanks David! We talked about this at the Hackathon.

I'm happy you thought to mail it so it gets archived in the
group memory somewhere!

Could I have you save these as individual entries on the bug tracker?

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 12:59:42 +0200, David Leuschner wrote:
>  1. outputs a message if it tries to access a repository other than
> that given on the command line
>     (this should be true for "local" files, too, because NFS/AFS could
> be down!)

Could make sense and it if we have the infrastructure to emit warnings
and unreachables, maybe we have infrastructure to do this to

>  2. has a short timeout independent of the operating system timeout
> (i.e. 4 seconds)

>  3. never tries a failed source again

Already does this, no?

>  * a record more supporting classifying changes into groups and then
> either record these groups as patches     or reverting them
>
>  * a possibility to re-select the hunks that were selected the last
> time (but then I hit "q" accidentily or the tests didn't succeed)

YES! I wish we could think of a general mechanism for revisiting past
decisions but in a random-access manner (copying a bit from Git), but of
course with that sort of Darcs-ish power/simplicity/universality

--
Eric Kow <http://erickow.com>