[darcs-users] rebase feedback and amend-record flexibility

Eric Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 10:20:44 UTC 2012

On 3 Apr 2012, at 10:18, Gabriel Kerneis wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 04:29:05PM -0600, Michael Hendricks wrote:
>>> I'd say that even the existing version of amend-record would be improved by
>>> issuing a warning (with a request for confirmation) if I change a patch that
>>> is also present in the default-repo.
>>>
>>> "Warning: This operation modifies a patch the exists in the default remote
>>> repo. Are you sure? [yN]"

Cue usual complaint about confirmation prompts (too easy to get in trouble by answering and then realise you didn't actually read the prompt, or understand what it meant)

Better?

Warning: You just modified patches which also exist in the default remote repo. This will likely cause a conflict.  If this isn't what you wanted, try:

darcs obliterate --last=42
darcs apply -i _darcs/backup/amend-2014-08-12.dpatch

--
Eric Kow <http://erickow.com>