[darcs-users] darcs unapply

Eric Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 17:28:24 UTC 2012

On 2 Apr 2012, at 19:25, Ben Franksen wrote:
> Even cooler (if that is possible) would be if there were a standard
> directory for that under _darcs, say _darcs/obliterated, empty by default,
> so that one could put
>
>  obliterate -O_darcs/obliterated
>
> in one's ~/.darcs/defaults.

Hmm, http://bugs.darcs.net/issue75 has some history

I wonder if what follows is a helpfully new idea:

1. without flags darcs should default to creating _darcs/oblterated/YYYY-MM-DD-usual-patchname.dpatch
2. (and tell you did so, which is implicit forgivingness, eg, “Didn't mean to obliterate that? try darcs apply -i _darcs/obliterated/YYYY-MM-DD-usual-patchname.dpatch)
3. user/dorcs could do cheap/cheerful gc by getting rid of old patches by name

--
Eric Kow <http://erickow.com>