[darcs-users] darcs UI: send = bundle file; send --mail = mail

Iago Abal iago.abal at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 11:26:16 UTC 2012

In my opinion you made a very good choice by making -O the default behavior
of darcs send. I don't see any problem with a command named "send" that
does not send anything... its purpose is to generate a bundle *to be sent*,
and it can actually send it automatically if you want.

When I started contributing Darcs I had that problem, and it was
irritating. I wanted to upload a patch but I didn't have too much time.
Hence, I "configured" my sendmail and run darcs send... a few days later I
discovered that my sendmail configuration was wrong and the mail was lost.

I just wanted to support this change.
Cheers,

Iago Abal Rivas