[darcs-users] darcs UI: send = bundle file; send --mail = mail

Eric Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 20:58:37 UTC 2012

On 6 Aug 2012, at 21:19, Ben Franksen <benjamin.franksen at bessy.de> wrote:

> Miles Gould wrote:
>>
>> I for one would be confused by a "send" command that doesn't send
>> anything - both when trying to figure out the behaviour of "darcs send"
>> and when trying to work out which command I need to create a patch file.
>
> +1 from my side. A send command that doesn't send anything is just
> confusing. Why not try to send and if it fails for whatever reason create
> the patch bundle as a file (and say so)?

Mmm, sorry. I didn't do a very good job making the context behind this change clear.  The issue is that as things stand we don't even know if things fail. It just silently does the wrong thing

The proposed send reminds you that it didn't actually send the patch and tells you how to set darcs up so that it does. The wording needs a bit of work though