[darcs-users] darcs UI: send = bundle file; send --mail = mail

Gabriel Kerneis kerneis at pps.jussieu.fr
Wed Aug 15 19:46:55 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 01:18:28PM +0100, Eric Kow wrote:
> As I currently understand the situation, the
> default-configed-mailer-I-didn't-even-know-was-there *thinks* it succeeded.
> So I suppose we need some way of gathering extrinsic evidence that the send
> worked (and this in the context of trying to send a patch, not go through some
> kind of darcs configuration process)

CC the default email address of the user doing darcs send, and print a message
saying: "I've cc'ed you (user at example.com), if you don't receive a copy of the
patch, consider doing blablabla...".

On second thought, it might be rude to CC this address without any warning.
Just thinking out loud.

--
Gabriel