[darcs-users] darcs homepage/wiki license

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Fri Aug 17 17:32:03 UTC 2012

Now that we've merged our homepage/wiki, I think we should sort out future licensing for the content before it comes back to cause problems later.

I'm leaning towards public domain as defined in the CC0
http://creativecommons.org/choose/zero/

Implementation will be something along the lines of a footer with:

Recent content is available under a simple permissive license.
See PublicDomain for clarification.

Said page would contain a list of authors that public domain all their wiki contributions.

(If CC0 is problematic, I say we just recycle what Haskell wiki use, literally their simple permissive license on the assumption that the undoubtably lengthy past discussion that made it happen solved all the technical problems)

Good?

Eric

PS. tricky detail: we may import old content, but have it appear in the history as recent.
Hopefully the PublicDomain page would make it clear when this has happened.

--
Eric Kow <http://erickow.com>