[darcs-users] darcs UI: send = bundle file; send --mail = mail

Florent Becker florent.becker at ens-lyon.org
Tue Aug 21 17:39:12 UTC 2012

Le 18/08/2012 12:11, Eric Kow a écrit :
> On 15 Aug 2012, at 20:46, Gabriel Kerneis wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 01:18:28PM +0100, Eric Kow wrote:
>>> As I currently understand the situation, the
>>> default-configed-mailer-I-didn't-even-know-was-there *thinks* it succeeded.
>>> So I suppose we need some way of gathering extrinsic evidence that the send
>>> worked (and this in the context of trying to send a patch, not go through some
>>> kind of darcs configuration process)

Maybe there should not be a
"default-configed-mailer-I-didn't-even-know-was-there". How about the
following UI (modulo wording)?

#darcs send -a
Creating patch to [destination repo]...
I see you haven't configured 'sendmail-command' in ~/.darcs/config
I don't know how to send this bundle, saving it as bundle.dpatch for now.
NOTE: You may use your mail client to send this bundle.
NOTE: If you want 'darcs send' to send a mail directly, add the line
send sendmail-command COMMAND
to your ~/.darcs/config
#

#darcs send -a --sendmail-command foo
[current UI]

Alternatively, the UI when sendmail-command is unset could be:
#darcs send -a
Creating patch to [destination repo]...
I see you haven't configured 'sendmail-command' in ~/.darcs/config
I don't know how to send this bundle, saving it as bundle.dpatch for now.
NOTE: You may use your mail client to send this bundle.
NOTE: If you want 'darcs send' to send a mail directly, add the line
send sendmail-command COMMAND
to your ~/.darcs/config
Do you want me to try 'sendmail' (I'll cc you so that you can see if the
mail was sent ok)? [Yn]
#

--
Florent