[darcs-users] Rollback on a lazy repo

Gian Piero Carrubba gpiero at rm-rf.it
Thu Dec 13 22:13:36 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I have a --lazy repo in which I'd like to experiment with two
alternative patches.  The workflow I had in mind was:
- record the first patch
- rebuild
- test
- record the second patch (they don't conflict)
- rollback the first patch
- rebuild
- test

The problem is that now I typed `darcs rollback -p issue2238` and darcs
seems being downloading all the patches missing in the local repo before
even asking me to select the patches to rollback. Being the repo
darcs-screened, I'm not so inclined to wait if finishes.

Does rollback really need to have all the patches in the local repo ?
If so, is `obliterate -o` the only alternative ?

BTW, the issue is issue2238 ( darcs wh -ll suggests unadded files are
added )[0]. Removing duplicated --look-for-adds passed to whatsnew seems
to work, anyway I thought a more general solution could be applied, so
removing every duplicated option passed to darcs. I think there's no
option that can be legitimately passed multiple times but surely I can
be wrong. Can someone confirm there are no such cases or inversely
confirm they exist ?

Ciao,
Gian Piero.

[0] http://bugs.darcs.net/issue2238